Dewalt Air Compressor Review D55146, D55168, D55140
There are different air compressor brands on the market but to get an overwhelming service, you must opt for a Dewalt air compressor. If you are looking for a good air compressor within your budget, Dewalt brand is the one to trust. It’s an American power tool company that is based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. In this detailed Dewalt air compressor review, The Gander will showcase you the best Dewalt air compressors for your different needs. After reading this guide, we hope that you will be capable of choosing the right Dewalt air compressor for the task at hand. Let’s read on.
Dewalt Air Compressor Review: Choose the Best One for Your Need
DEWALT D55168 225 PSI 15 Gallon 120-Volt Electric Wheeled Portable Workshop Compressor
You can categorize the Dewalt D55168 225 PSI 15 Gallon 120V Electric Wheeled Portable Workshop Compressor as a mid-range compressor. It is perfect for a DIY process and for people who have small workshops. It provides the portability of small units but still offers the potentials of the larger compressors. The Dewalt D55168 portable compressor, powered by a 1.6 horsepower engine, utilizes an electric supply at 120 VAC. Its motor utilizes 15 AMPs for functioning. It features an automatic thermal overload protection which is better as a safety measure. With the help of the EHP (Efficient High Pressure) Technology, the motor and the pump which maxes out at 1750 RPM will last for long. This air compressor features a 200 PSI maximum operating pressure. It takes almost 5 minutes for going from 0 to 200 PSI. Its cut-in pressure is 160 PSI. In a steel tank with a 15-gallon capacity, the pressurized air is preserved. It is able to deliver 5 SCFM of compressed air at around 90 PSI.
- This product weighs 120 pounds.
- The product dimension is 24.5 L x 22 W x 44.75 H inch.
- It features a maintenance-free, oil-free pump which can be used conveniently.
- It has an efficient high-pressure motor which enables the compressor for being run with a 12 GA or heavier, 50 ft. or less extension cord because of continuous AMP draw needs of the compressor.
- It features EHP (Efficient High Pressure) Technology which provides amazing air-tool runtimes.
- It is a noiseless device.
DEWALT D55146 4-1/2-Gallon 225-PSI Hand Carry Compressor
If you always use an air compressor, you need something which is portable, powerful and durable as well. And the Dewalt D55146 4-1/2-Gallon 225 PSI Hand Carry Compressor will be the right choice. This heavy-duty air compressor from Dewalt is crafted for bearing tough conditions and can be used at home and offices. It has a 200 PSI max tank storage pressure that is approximately 80% more than the industry ruler. It features a rating of 5 CFM @ 90 PSI and an efficient high-pressure motor which can tackle both large commercial and residential painting projects with an ease. Using this air compressor, you can power different air tools. It can manage to staple and nail the most popular applications like terraces. It is highly flexibleto fulfill the requirements of the remodeling or the large carpenter cutting device.
- Features an advanced design cooling system.
- Includes a dual hose connection.
- Contains a short recovery time in comparison with other models.
- Features a collapsible handle to make it easy for transporting.
- Includes a 4.5-gallon tank with sufficient capacity to assist 3 framing nailers and 2 roofing nailers simultaneously.
- Weighs 80 pounds.
- With the help of its solid metal tubing carriage, 10-inches non-flat foam wheels and large rubber tires, it can be moved easily around your home.
- It’s one of the most noiseless Dewalt compressors out there, with 78dBA of operational sound.
- 5 SCFM at 90 PSI enables the air compressor for recovering fast after its first tank charge is exhausted.
DEWALT DWFP55130 Heavy-Duty 200 PSI Quiet Trim Compressor
The Dewalt DWFP55130 Heavy-Duty 200 PSI Quiet Trim Compressor is one of the high-quality Dewalt air compressors and provides an excellent combination of functionality, quality,and cost. The two prime features which you can see in this unit are low noise output and lightweight. This makes it perfect for easier tasks onsite or at home. Coming in at just 71.5dBa, the motor runs at 2300 RPM, so you can anticipate this air compressor is noiseless than most of its rivals, but surely, it’s not a completely noiseless compressor. When this oil-free compressor does not provide the creative features, it offers a bigger air storage capability than other competitors. This specific unit has a capacity of 200 PSI that refers to the amount of pressurized air which can be preserved in its 2.5-gallon tank, whereas high-grade compressors generally have the ultimate rating of 135-150 PSI.
- It runs on 110-120V which makes it perfect for indoor jobs.
- This unit generates 3.0 SCFM at 90 PSI. This volume is sufficient for running up to 3 finish nailers at once although other users will get just 2 fast couplers on it.
- Making it easier and even more convenient, this unit preserves and functions vertically or horizontally.
- With a handle and a small 36-pound body, you can carry this air compressor by hand.
- It is really thin at 12.5 inches which can be preserved in different small places.
- Designed with a low 12 AMP draw motor.
- It’slow 71.5dB enables for noiseless operation.
DEWALT D55140 1-Gallon 135 PSI Max Trim Compressor
The Dewalt D55140 1-Gallon 135 PSI Max Trim Compressor is perfect for every DIY project around your home. If you require a low output of CFM in the tools you are utilizing, this unit is extremely advisable. This air compressor offers 0.75 SCFM at a rate of 90 PSI that can be extended to the ultimate of 135 PSI. It enables users for running different air tools and operate 2 framing nailers simultaneously. It also features fast recovery time that makes it simpler for numerous times repetitively. This compressor has a 1-gallon tank which is sufficient for using it with a hammer, a ratchet in small spurts, and an impact wrench. This air compressor is perfect for finishing woodworking projects, carpenters, installation and remodeling tasks. It is also better for testing plumbing line pressure and installing trim; however, it won’t put up with work on large professional assignments.
- It features a low level of noise. At 68dB, it offers a quieter performance to users over other models.
- It’s quite lightweight, weighing just 24 pounds and making it easy for using at home.
- You can operate this air compressor with an extension cord that enhances this unit’s portability.
- It offers a 1-year warranty.
- Incorporates a compressor but nailer and hose are not offered.
- It features an oil-free, durable pump and a low 2.6 AMP motor.
- It’s a heavy-duty 1-gallon trim compressor featuring a protective roll cage.
- It’s lightweight and compact design enable easy portability.
- Its unique design ensures utmost longevity.
Read more: Bostitch Air Compressor Review
Now that you have read the Dewalt air compressor reviews, this is high time to choose smartly aunit which is able to power all tools for many years. You must plan smartly while making a purchase and remember to choose the right Dewalt air compressor tool for your task.